Here is Bella showcasing our January inventory picks! The theme for this month is LACE! How gorgeous are these two leotards? Both are simple yet beautiful.
Our first pick is the Mirella Printed Mesh Zip Leotard, featuring flowered lace in both the front and the back, with a 3/4 zipped on the back.
Our second pick is the Danshuz Double Strap Lace Back Leotard, featuring a plain black front, and a floral lace design in the back. With double straps in the back, you or your dancer will have no reason to adjust their leotard while dancing.
Shop our site or come in store to see more of our beautiful inventory! Stay tuned for next months picks!
Getting the perfect pirouette down is something all dancers strive to do. And once you have the perfect single, you’ll be able to master doubles & triples. Below are 5 tips that will help you get the perfect pirouette.
- Calculate! Focus on your placement. Spotting is necessary and can throw off your turn if done incorrectly. Before you start to turn, focus on where your spot will be. Make sure this is eye-level and easy for your eyes to return to. Your spot defines your turn, spotting too slowly or quickly will disrupt your momentum.
- Listen to your body. Core strength is critical! Having the strength to keep your body is the proper positions are what keep you from falling over.
- Find your balance. Analyze your pirouette from a physics perspective and what forces are necessary to maintain your balance. To stay on one leg, think about opposing energies, like a bow and arrow. One needs to feel the energy pushing down into a strong supporting leg while lifting the passé foot. Think of yourself growing taller to avoid sitting in your hip.
- Be bold. Turns do not require a lot of force! You do not want to wind your body to get around. But at the same time, do not approach the turn timidly. Get to your full passé as quickly as possible to help you get through the turn.
- Practice your timing. Every part of your body should work in tandem. Your butt, toes, knees and relevé are all working simultaneously.
Introducing… Bella the Ballerina! We’ve finally named our newest staff member, and we’re so excited she’s on the team. Not only is she able to model our newest and most favorite dance attire, but she will be providing us with 3 top picks of our inventory each month! These picks may include anything from leotards to skirts to accessories (dance bags, hairpieces, etc). Plus, sign up for our email promotions (click “Want to hear more?” on the left side of the page) and you may just get a special offer on Bella’s picks of the month. We hope you love getting to see our new and exciting items that we have to offer each month!
We are so very excited to start this new journey with our online store.
Many of our customers are in outlaying areas and we are stoked to be able to service their dancewear needs. Our store can ship to all states in North America. If you, or someone you know is in need of specific items that you don’t see in our online store, give us a call at (937) 280-4966. We will do our best to locate and ship your items to your door!
We carry many brands and are a proud Distributor for Bloch/Mirella. The leading manufacturer of dance shoes and attire chose us to carry their line and we couldn’t be happier. We still have access to other top brands, so be sure to check us first when shopping for dancewear of all kinds.
At this time, shoes may only be purchased in the retail store. We know it is difficult to find shoes that fit and dance shoes are no exception. Especially with a dancer who is still growing. If shoes are what you need, we can still serve you from afar but ask that you call so that we can discuss the best option for you (if it is for a growing child.) We are happy to do special orders this way as well if your dancer is done growing and you know exactly what you need. Send us a note in the Contact Form or give us a call at (937) 280-4966. We are here to help and aim to please.
We are on Facebook @aadancewear use the link to like us for great offers! And Instagram @aadancewear…follow us!